Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) can be used to treat symptoms of menopause. Your age, family medical history, personal medical history and severity of your menopausal symptoms are factors that may affect your decision to take hormone therapy. Hormone imbalance symptoms can range from subtle to debilitating and are often masked by medications that are commonly prescribed for anxiety, depression, insomnia, weight gain, and more.
What is Menopause?
As you begin to transition into menopause, your ovaries no longer produce high levels of estrogen and progesterone. There are three stages of menopause: perimenopause, menopause and post menopause.
- Perimenopause is the time leading up to menopause. It describes a time when hormones start to decline and menstrual cycles become erratic and irregular. You may start to experience side effects of menopause, like hot flashes or vaginal dryness.
- Menopause occurs when you’ve stopped producing the hormones that cause your menstrual period and have gone without a period for 12 months in a row. Once this has occurred, you enter post menopause.
- Post menopause is the time after menopause has occurred. Once this happens, you’re in post menopause for the rest of your life. People in post menopause are at an increased risk for certain health conditions like osteoporosis and heart disease.
Symptoms of Menopause
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats and/or cold flashes
- Vaginal dryness; discomfort during sex
- Feeling a need to pee (urinary urgency)
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- Mood swings, mild depression or irritability
- Dry skin, dry eyes or dry mouth
- Weight changes
- Hair loss
How BHRT can help
Many of these symptoms can be lessened or completely alleviated with treatment. Menopause can be a time to thrive, and not merely a stage in life a woman is naturally subjugated to merely survive. The medical professionals at Central Wellness are ready to help with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Estrogen replacement therapy replaces lost estrogen in a woman’s body during menopause. There is relief for women experiencing the side effects of estrogen loss. In fact, many women express alleviation or elimination of the side effects. This is of course after receiving estrogen replacement therapy.
Bioidentical Hormones are not like other synthetic-type hormones of the past, but are actually produced to have the exact structure required by the human body. The body absorbs the hormones as if they were produced naturally, because the hormones have such a familiar structure, providing the body with beneficial hormones without the risks of synthetic hormones.
The providers at Central Wellness perform a comprehensive exam prior to treatment and determine an appropriate course. Could you be suffering from a hormone imbalance? Take our free quiz to find out.
Follow-up at Central Wellness
Your provider will schedule appointments to continually monitor your hormone levels and to review the alleviation of your symptoms. We know that hormone imbalances are uncomfortable and frustrating to deal with. Treatment will be revised as necessary for optimum balance.
Interested in learning more from our experts? Book your FREE consultation today or call 406.869.1066!