How To Prepare For Your Coolsculpting Treatment
Over the counter medications like aspirin, anti-inflammatories and fish oil supplements should be discontinued 1 week prior to your treatment date. If you are taking any type of prescriptive medication this would need to be discussed with your physician or the medical staff at Central Wellness.
Adequate hydration will support the lymphatic system during and after treatment, so please drink 8 cups of water the day before and for the next 3 weeks following treatment.
Your Coolsculpting Treatment Day
- We recommend taking 500-1,000 mg of Tylenol 30 minutes prior to treatment.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing to your appointment.
- We recommend that you purchase a compression garment to fully cover the area you are having treatment. This would include abs, flanks, inner or outer thighs, and knee area.
- The compression garment will help with discomfort, bruising, and swelling that you may experience in the short term. We ask that you wear them for 5 to 7 days, after CoolSculpting treatments. You will find this makes a nice difference with bruising, comfort, and swelling.
- Bring an additional set of undergarments to wear home as gel pads will be applied and will make any clothing you are wearing during the treatment wet and sticky.
- If you are doing any type of leg treatment, please bring swimsuit bottoms to the appointment, as they are more comfortable for you to receive your treatment than the disposable shorts we have here at Central Wellness.
- You may eat prior to arrival but we recommend a light meal as rarely some patients may experience nausea at the start of the session.
- Prior to your treatment, photography, markings, and weight will be taken for comparison on your follow up.
- The treatment room will be a private space so please bring your iPad, reading materials, laptop and or busy work to entertain yourself. Total treatment times will vary depending on how many cycles you will receive.
Vaccume Assisted Applicators
The most commonly used applicators use suction to draw the fat into the device. The vacuum pressure may cause sensations of deep pulling, tugging and pinching in the area being treated. This sensation will subside over the first five to seven minutes of each application and for the remainder of the session should be comfortable
Flat Applicator “Cool Smooth”
The flat applicators do not involve suction but you will feel tingling and stinging for approximately ten minutes as the applicator cools the fat.
Most patients experience very mild sensations; some patients experience more intense sensations at the beginning of each session but the symptoms will subside after the first 10 minutes.
After 35-45 minutes (one hour and fifteen minutes with the flat applicator) the treatment for that area is completed and the device is removed.
Immediately upon removal of the device, the tissue will be firm and massage is important to maximize the treatment result by 68%. During this 2-minute process, it will feel like a deep tissue massage. The first minute will be a deep kneading massage and the second minute will be a deep circular massage.
Immediately after the procedure, the treated area may feel stiff, red, mildly bruised, or swollen.
You may feel a sense of dizziness as your body naturally warms and sensation returns to your treatment area. If you are experiencing these symptoms, please let the provider know and we will help you as necessary.
In some patients, the skin may ache or sting for a brief period of time as sensation returns to the area. This sensation only lasts for a couple of minutes.
The skin will initially be pink and some evidence of bruising may be visible. The pinkness will subside a few hours after treatment. If you have developed bruising, it may remain for up to a week following the session.
After all your treatment cycles are complete for that day, we will ask you to put on your compression garment. Please wear it 24 hours a day except when bathing for the next 5 to 7 days. This garment will greatly help with swelling, bruising, and discomfort.
When Do I Expect To See Results
Following the procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will take place. You may start to see changes as early as three weeks after CoolSculpting and you will experience the most dramatic results after two to three months. Your body will continue to process the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after your procedure.
How Do I Maximize My Treatment Results
- Avoid anti-inflammatories for 5 days post treatment unless prescribed by your provider such as:
- Aleve (naproxen)
- Fish Oil
- CBD oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
The inflammation process helps to break down the fat cells.
- For the next 2 weeks massage the treated area for 2 minutes, 3 times a day. Not necessary to massage the inner thigh area.
- Massage with Stone Crop Body Contouring Lotion or Cinnamon Paprika Body Lotion
- Weight gain will prevent you from appreciating your full results.
- Maintaining a helathy diet
- Physical activity (recommended 30 minutes a day, 3-4 days a week), or maintaining your previous exercise regiment.
- optimal caloric intake (varies per client)
- After treatment, you will need to sustain a normal and healthy eating regiment. Coolsculpting will not burn additional caloric intake, the extra calories will be stored as fat in other locations in your body. This is the perfect time to evaluate your eating and exercise habits and to make changes if merited to optimize your result. Our providers are happy to provide advice and counselling to help you make changes or assess proper caloric goals if you feel that you may benefit from them.
With our Brand Promise at Central Wellness we are committed to you and to your results. Post appointments are crucial to your outcome. If at the 4 (four) month check in appointment, after your final treatment we are not seeing at least a 20% reduction
- You have not gained weight from your initial treatment at time of first service
- We have followed the treatment plan as outlined in the intial consultation.
We will bring you back at month 5 (five), take new photos, and if we are still not seeing the reduction, we will retreat the area (s) free of charge. It is imperative for you to do your part and maintain whatever you are currently doing with your diet and exercise routine so you can appreciate the results of Coolsculpting. Although most unlikely, it is possible that you will not experience any noticeable change from the retreated area, there will be no subsequent treatments and or refunds.
As part of your treatment, we do require you to come to a 2 and 4-month post-appointment to review your clinical results and make sure the area has healed properly. If you did not make this appointment after you received your service, please call the office.