Rejuvenate & heal your skin naturally
The SkinPen MicroNeedling treatment works in three simple steps, designed to activate the skin’s natural healing process. Following each session, the skin begins to heal itself, looking more renewed and rejuvenated over time. SkinPen MicroNeedling is only used in professional settings and delivers dramatic results without the use of heat or chemicals.
Inflammation; SkinPen’s MicroNeedles penetrate the skin’s surface, triggering a natural immune response to disinfect, remove debris, increase blood flow, and activate the creation of new tissue.
Proliferation; The micro-channels or tiny holes created by SkinPen’s MicroNeedling are rebuilt with new granulation cells that include collagen proteins. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops
Remodeling; New dermal tissues and blood vessels form, rich in collagen and elastin proteins. These proteins improve skin quality, visibly reducing facial acne scars and neck wrinkles, leaving skin more smooth, radiant, and younger-looking.
The skin on your neck is different from the skin on your face. This delicate area has less fatty tissue and collagen, along with fewer oil glands, making it more prone to wrinkles, crepey texture and a slackened appearance. That’s why the first signs of aging often appear on the neck.
But there are also other culprits behind neck wrinkles, aka “Tech Neck”. The frequent, repetitive motion of looking down at devices, like your phone can also increase and accelerate the look of horizontal neck wrinkles, lines and creases.
But whether they’re caused by age or tech, neck wrinkles can leave you feeling less confident. Instead of covering up, MicroNeedling can improve the look of neck wrinkles and uncover your best, firm, radiant, younger looking skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
The procedure takes 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of the area being treated. The provider will visit with your about your concerns and the results that you could receive. The number of treatments that will be needed to produce the results that are desired. Pictures will be taken to track your results.
You’ll begin the procedure by getting a numbing cream applied to the area to mitigate the discomfort from the tiny needle pricks. The provider doing will remove the numbing cream, purify the face, and then apply a glide agent to preform the treatment. Pinpoint bleeding is the desired outcome. The face will again be cleansed at the end of the treatment and serum applied to help the face speed up the healing process and finally sunscreen as the final product.
After your treatment, you may experience some mild discomfort, swelling, bruising, or redness. Most heal within 1-3 days, depending on how deep the MicroNeedling penetrates. Post-treatment patients should avoid swimming pools, lakes, and oceans while healing.
The amount of treatments one needs depends on the individual’s skin concerns. Most patients need multiple (3-6) MicroNeedling treatments to see desired results, as aging reversing is not a quick fix. However, MicroNeedling provides lasting results of clearer, more beautiful skin.
MicroNeedling is an incredible way to refresh your skin and erase those imperfections that can be so frustrating to address through creams and serums alone. As MicroNeedlig is a procedure that boosts the body’s natural collagen, restores the skin’s elasticity and improves the firmness and smoothness of the overall complexion.
CALL OR SCHEDULE ONLINE
The best time to give your skin the best care is now! Call or book your consultation online. Our experienced and friendly staff are waiting to help you reach your skin care goals!
PRE & POST CARE
Important facts to review prior to your appointment, if any of these apply to you, please contact us by phone.
Pregnant, or trying to become pregnant
Recent sun exposure within the last 7 days
Recent dermal filler or Botox injections in the last 2 weeks
Accutane for 6 months
Before Treatment Day
Keep hydrated by drinking water (at least 8 cups daily) or hydrating fluids to improve treatment outcomes.
Avoid drinking alcohol 24 hours before treatment
3-7 days prior to treatment, avoid therapies that may cause erythema(redness) or irritations, such as retinols or products containing isotretinoin.
Avoid exfoliating acid preparations
Avoid skin resurfacing and hair removal treatments for 5-7 days prior to treatment.
Male beards should be shaved on the day of treatment.
How To Prepare For Your RF Microneedle Treatment
All aesthetic procedures carry the risk of bruising. If you are taking certain supplements or medications, to reduce this risk, please note the items on this list and discontinue at least 10 days before your appointment for injections.
- Ibuprofen (Mortin, Advil, Aleve)
- St. John’s Wort
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids (Fish Oil)
- Vitamin E
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Prescription Blood Thinners (Coumadin/Warfarin, Plavix, Heparin etc.If you have been prescribed Aspirin or any prescription Blood Thinner, do not discontinue unless permitted by your prescribing physician.
Your Treatment Day
Avoid caffeine on the day of treatment to reduce discomfort.
Please dot not wear make-up when arriving for your treatment.
- There will be some degree of redness immediately post-treatment and may last up to one week.
- Skin dryness, flaking, and shedding can occur 2-7 days after treatment
- For the first 24 hours following the treatment, you should avoid strenuous exercise, excessive sun or heat, and consumption of alcoholic beverages. This minimizes redness, swelling, and bruising in the treatment sites.
- Mineral make-up is the only make-up recommended and should be applied gently application the first 24 hours.
- If antiviral medication was prescribed for you, it is important to take as directed.
- A series of 2-4 RF microneedling treatments is strongly recommended depending on the desired results.
- Avoid direct sunlight for up to 7-10 days post-treatment and wear a physical sunscreen daily of SPF 40+ with Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, apply every day. Apply every 2 hours when outdoors. We recommend ZO Skin Health, Alastin, Epionce, EltaMD, or Colorescience sunscreen
These items are recommended for purchase to help enhance and heal the treated area:
- First 96 Hours 4 Days: evening and then morning.
- Cleanse with ZO hydrating cleanser.
- If a ZO Enhancement Serum was purchased apply at this time.
- Apply a thin layer ZO Hydrating Cream.
- Apply a thin layer of ZO Growth Factor Serum – let skin absorb.
- Apply medical grade sunscreen. ZO Skin Health, Alastin, Colorscience, or Elta Md.
- First 96 Hours 4 Days: evening and then morning.
- Day 4 – Resume Daily Routine
- You may resume your normal routine with medical grade skin care. Skin care plays a large role in driving the treatment results over the next 3 months. Visit with your provider to make sure you are using the correct regime for your specific concerns.
- If you are using a ZO Enhancing Serum, please continue to use for the full week post treatment.
- c. You may incorporate NuPeel 1-2 times a week, as preferred, to gently removes dead skin cells to promote a glowing, radiant skin appearance. NuPeel enhances the foundation for flawless makeup application.
- Any significant pain, redness or swelling needs to be reported immediately!
- Any signs of infection (increased warmth, drainage, or fever) contact the office immediately!