There are many different things our bodies need to function properly. But many of us don’t realize that testosterone is one of those things. Testosterone is produced in both men and women and both sexes need the proper amount of testosterone for their hormones to work properly. Here are 5 things you didn’t know about testosterone.
- Testosterone affects your total health – Although many correlate testosterone with sex, it affects more than reproduction. In men it helps maintain strong bones and controls the production of red blood cells. For both men and women testosterone can help with endurance, muscle tone, and libido.
- Testosterone can help with weight loss – If you are experiencing a hormone imbalance it can make weight loss very tough. Low Testosterone has been linked to obesity.
- Testosterone levels decline with age – Many do not realize that just as women go through menopause, men’s hormone levels drop with age too. This is called Andropause and is the gradual drop in testosterone. Symptoms can include low sex drive, lack of energy, depression, irritability and mood swings, loss of strength or muscle mass, increased body fat, and hot flashes.
- Testosterone promotes a healthy heart – When testosterone levels are optimized, there is a lower risk of heart disease. According to Harvard Medical School testosterone can widen coronary arteries ensuring your body gets the right amount of blood.
- Testosterone can help long term brain health – Low testosterone has been associated with Alzheimer’s and depression. Ensuring your hormones are optimized can help you feel better in mind and body.
Central Wellness offers Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy to help ensure that your hormone levels are where they need to be. If you are interested in BHRT schedule your complimentary consultation today!
On February 25th at 6:30pm we will be hosting a Women’s Wellness seminar at the Pub at Affinity. If you are interested in joining us for that please call and make your reservation today! We will not be selling tickets at the door and there is limited space. Call 406-869-1066 to reserve a spot today!